The Build Award recognizes a well-constructed robot that is constructed with a high degree of attention to detail in order to hold up to the rigors of competition.
Key criteria of the Build Award are:
- Robot construction is durable and robust.
- Robot is reliable on the field and holds up under competition conditions.
- Robot is designed with attention to safety and detail.
- Students understand and explain how they worked together to develop their robot design.
- Team interview demonstrates effective communication skills, teamwork, professionalism, and a student-centered ethos.
from REC judging guide.
For a competition build we do not have step by step instructions to build with. To insure that we are building a quality robot we follow a set of Design Rules