3D Printing and Design
Using Autodesk Fusion 360 to do basic computer-aided design (CAD) which is used for 3D printing
By enrolling in this class, students will learn the basics of three-dimensional computer aided design as well as basic concepts regarding 3D printing. Students will learn how to use Autodesk Fusion 360 at a basic level to create their own projects, along with other class projects, which can then be 3D printed.
Please note that this course is challenging by nature. Therefore, even though it is not officially required, it is strongly recommended that students have computer skills, and students should also be very familiar with using a computer (knowing how to left click/right click, knowing where different keys are located on their keyboard, knowing how to scroll their mouse or do any equivalent action on a laptop trackpad, be able to navigate their computer on a basic level like knowing where the desktop is, etc). This course could be overwhelming for students who lack computer skills. Parents or guardians are also welcome to assist their child during the course.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
1) Create 2D sketches and use sketches to draw lines, rectangles, circles, and other 2D shapes.
2) Use the 3D extruding tool to turn their two-dimensional sketch into a 3D solid.
3) Use the 3D revolve tool to revolve a 2D sketch about an axis of revolution to produce a 3D solid.
4) Use the 2D and 3D Rectangular and Circular Pattern tools to repeat 2D and 3D features along a line or a circular axis.
5) Be able to move 3D solids around as well as copy 3D solids. Combine multiple solids together to form one solid.
6) Have a basic understanding on how 3D printers work (the instructor will take care of the 3D printing process).
About This Course
Hardware/Software needed for this course:
For online workshop: Please refer to the lessons - Autodesk Fusion 360 Workshop - for instructions on how to install the necessary software before the start of the course.
For In-person workshop: we will provide computer with the software needed for learning.
One-Day Workshop will learn the basic of the software and complete one simple project.