2023 SUMMER CAMP FAQ
1. Are you offering online summer camps in 2023?
No. Rolling Robots will not offer online summer camps in 2023.
2. Are you offering in-person, on-site summer camps in 2023?
Yes. We will offer in-person on-site summer camps in the following Cities:
Palos Verdes, Glendale, West LA, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Santa Monica, Pasadena, Irvine, Seal Beach, and Newport Beach.
3. What is the daily/weekly schedule?
Rolling Robots STEM and Robotics Summer Camp offers the most flexibility.
Each camp is one week long (Monday - Friday, 5 camp-days total, except the week of July 4th). Campers can enroll in the morning session, the afternoon session, or both sessions. The morning session is from 9am to 12pm, and the afternoon session is from 1pm to 4pm. The full-day session goes from 9am to 4pm with a one-hour lunchtime period from 12:00pm - 1:00pm. The lunch hour will be complimentary when a camper enrolled in both morning and afternoon sessions. A “Boot Camp" is only offered as a full-day option.
Campers can be dropped off up to 15 minutes before the session begins and be picked up no later than 15 minutes after the session ends. Any drop-offs or pick-ups outside of this 15-minute window will incur an extra charge of $1 per minute per camper.
4. Is there an extended day option?
Unfortunately, our camp will not have an extended day option.
5. What should my child bring each day?
Half-day campers can bring snacks, whereas full-day campers should bring lunch and snacks for the morning and afternoon breaks. Campers can also bring money so they can buy snacks and drinks that we have for sale (ranging from $1 to $5 per item). We also highly suggest campers bring a water bottle filled with fresh water so they can stay fully hydrated. Cups of water are also available for free upon request, but it's always good to have your own available. In consideration of the possibility that some children may have a nut/peanut allergy, please DO NOT BRING any food items that may contain nuts or peanuts. It’s recommended for full-day campers to bring something they would like to do (reading, drawing, etc.) during lunch break.
6. Will lunch be provided?
We do not provide lunch. Please pack a lunch (that does not contain any nuts or peanuts) if your child is attending both the morning and afternoon camps. Water is available at no charge. We highly recommend bringing your own water bottle with your child's Full Name on it. Bottled water, other drinks, and snacks are available for purchase.
7. Will my child bring home the robots they build during camp?
Most of the kits we use to build robots will stay at Rolling Robots unless we otherwise specify in the camp description. Please check with us on pricing and availability for the specific item if you are interested in purchasing it.
8. Will my child bring home the game they created on the computer during camp?
Sure! Campers will be able to take home any games they create during the camp. On the last day of camp, campers can bring a flash drive with at least 2GB of available space. We can copy the file to the flash drive.
9. My child has never built a robot or programmed on a computer before. Is that OK?
Yes. Rolling Robots’ summer camps are designed for children of all learning backgrounds. We will teach the core concepts of STEM, robotics, and computer programming/coding. No prior experience is required except for a few advanced camps. Please use the age guidelines listed when enrolling your child so that they will have the best experience possible.
10. My child is a very advanced, high-tech wizard. Will they be bored?
Maybe for about 5 minutes when we are getting everyone started. Rolling Robots’ camps are designed to encourage open creativity and deep exploration, so once your child is engaged in the process they will be challenged to a degree appropriate to their level of skill and experience. In case that your child would not enjoy the camp, we are always open to learn about the specific situation and make an adjustment in the best interest of your child.
11. What is the student-to-teacher ratio?
Rolling Robots highly value that each child is unique. We aim for 6 campers per instructor to ensure that each child gets the attention and instruction that they need.
12. Do I pay the full amount up front?
Yes, but you can add additional sessions later as long as space is still available.
13. What is your change/cancellation/refund policy?
To request a cancellation, or change of your summer camp order, you MUST EMAIL us at email@example.com. The email subject should be “Camp Cancellation Request - Order ###”. After we received your email, we will process your request per the following cancellation and refund policy:
- 1. Up to 21 days prior to camp start: Free transfer to another camp with the same student name for camps in the same calendar year, camp fee difference may apply. To cancel the camp, a $50 per camp per student cancellation fee will not be refunded.
- 2. Between 21 and 7 days prior to camp start: Free transfer to another camp with the same student name for camps in the same calendar year, camp fee difference may apply. To cancel the camp, a $100 per camp per student cancellation fee will not be refunded.
- 3. Starting 6 days prior to camp date: No Transfer, No Refund.
- 4. No Refund or transfer for any missed/sick camp days.
- 5. If Rolling Robots cancels a camp for any reason, we will assist to transfer to another camp or refund the full amount.
14. Is there a discount if I sign up for multiple sessions?
Yes, we offer the best discount in the same reservation (booking order number). If you have more than one camp reserved in the same order, there is a 5% discount to the total order automatically calculated at checkout. This discount will not be effective when there are other orders.
Only one discount code is allowed for camp made in the same reservation. There is no discount for separate reservations.
15. Is there a sibling/friend discount?
Yes. See the rules for discounts above, "Is there a discount if I sign up for multiple sessions?"
16. Do you have camp during spring or winter break?
Yes, Rolling Robots offers Spring Camps when schools are on spring breaks, and Holiday Camps during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year.